This week was somewhat interesting. My son has had a cold for a few days, and my Wholefoods Market caught on fire. First off, the fire: So it was just like any tuesday when all of the sudden the fire alarms went off in the store. I assumed that some stupid person had done something... well..stupid. This in fact is true and not true. See it was not some stupid persom but it was because of how the fire started. So I notice that everyone is running out of the building with panic. I decide to join them. I walk downstairs and see it a blazin. Apparently the festivius fall hay pumpkin display had spontaneously combusted. Im sure the Houston heat was a little much for the hay. We have this display on what I can describe as a patio thing behind the Wholefoods sign on the second level of the store. This is all outside, but from an outsiders perspective it looks as if the entire store in on fire. So after a failed attempt with a garden hose, the firemen show up sirens bursting. It was just like in the movies. They rolled in pulled out the hose and started spraying. Then the ladder went up with more hoses. Then they started throwing flaming pumpkins out of the fire. Well burnt pumpkins. i doubt the trained firemen would throw flaming pumpkins out into the parking lot. So the heat from the fire plus the water from the hose made the hurricane glass POP!!! and shatter. Then the reporters showed up and most of the people where just standing around taking pictures of the fire with their cell phones. Also guests were like "so should I come back and pay for this, or leave it." I was pretty much on my way out the door at the time, so I was like "should I stay or can I just go" The fire was eventually put out and then they started letting people in so they could clock out. I know, and in a few hours we were open for more business. All in all a very exciting time for us at the Wholefoods Market.
Now my son being sick: He has a cold, and had to miss some school...thats about it.